8/29/2016

all we really do is keep searching for authority




We all keep searching for authority. No matter how much self-assurance we might possess, the idea of someone reviewing our ideas is greatly reassuring. I make decisions and I can feel they are right, still, I search for approval. Not an advice, nor a suggestion, rather, a straightforward judgment. We seek it from people we value or appreciate. At times, they can be complete strangers, yet we intuitively detect their compelling authority.

It ‘s about how we perceive the person in front of us. His taste, aesthetics, life wisdom and things achieved in life. I want to ask someone so competent that I can feel I am on my route to perfection. I know it doesn’t exist, yet it’s just an aspiration and individually, we find the entities that embody a certain ideal. We can do anything to maintain them, because we need them to thrive.  

Sometimes I wonder why things cannot exist on their own. They need to be talked about and consulted. Probably, for a better result. We spend whole lives reviewing our actions. Sometimes, an authority can share responsibility for failures, but most of the time, he will remain intact. As things turn out wrong, we blame ourselves and try to convince the world, we will never be able to succeed alone.

I think we need idols, partners and friends for so many beautiful reasons. Still, support is a different matter, so is sharing ideas or getting a piece of advice. An authority is distant and inaccessible, unquestionable and looked up to. If life is a constant quest for validation, I want to understand how to become an authority for oneself, remaining open-minded and humble.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz