12/08/2012

i have the view i cannot reveal




Fashion is about having a point of view. And having a point of view is about loving it. At one of the lecture I attended, vey accredited fashion journalist said that what he has learnt is that writing about fashion is also form of resignation from your own comments and thoughts,  just a mere attempt to satisfy the reader by writing things you instinctively feel will be appealing for the audience. So it seems like a contradiction, having views and not keeping your mouth shut?

I do not know what I want to do in the fashion world yet. Now I am writing. But also looking for experience in PR. It is such a broad industry, it seems it will take some time until I create my true, genuine fashion views. But even if I do, I may not be able to express them except from my poor blog which is definitely not reaching the audience wider than my mum.

It is a little bit tricky and I wonder if fashion journalism is what I should strive for. Journalism, in general, seems like being controlled, curbed, criticized and underpaid. But the dilemma here is why opinions, even in such fascinating field like fashion, are a necessity and a thing we should hide at the same time. Isn’t it a form of frustration, which all of us try to avoid while making their career choice ?I am just a little bit unsettled. Hopefully, I won’t end up suffocating my outlooks for money’s sake. But still will be working in fashion. Still being happy. X

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz