10/15/2012

berlin





Hi Berlin! How are you dear ? I have not seen you for ages. Is there a lot of change going on? I hope not cause on my departure last year I forgot to tell you how I like the way you are with all your flaws and imperfections.

Well, I remember walking down FriedrichStrasse on the first chilly evening of February. I don’t think it was about the shops, it was about the lights in the dark gleaming around. I really enjoyed that.

But when I met you closely there is even more to discover. I remember the view from the TV Tower and second-hand shop near Alexanderplatz. It was so out of the blue near all these boutiques, but you did not mind that and I liked it so much that it was the only place I popped in.

I am so attracted to your commitment to history. Holocaust Memorial and Jewish Museum prove that you do not deny it, you just admit it. But when I am tired of grief, I stroll down to the Brandenburg Gate and enter my beloved Kennedy Museum.  And while tourist get lost at the square, I keep repeating ‘ Ich bin ein Berliner’.

What you do best is combining modernity with communism. I can stare at the Sony Centre and then spot the rows of blocks of flats which I begin to find more appealing than any miracle of architecture
.
If I can add one thing, it would be great thanks for all these Dunkin’ Donuts just around the corner of every street. Donuts are cool. So are you.I have a great plan to see you next holiday. I hope it won’t bother you. X

                

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz