10/07/2012

fashion route back




I think I love fashion because it is so distinctive in the modern world. I can’t use Windows 93, I can’t make calls from Nokia 3310, I can’t see demolished modernist buildings. But in fashion we can do everything. It’s like getting into a car and choosing if we want to move forward or put the reverse gear.

I have taken a quick look at spring/summer 2013 collections and they impressed me so much. Not in terms of fabrics or pattern, cause I am not a textile or design expert, but they  give such a lot of space for interpretation.  I can imagine Jackie Kennedy wearing this wonderful Marchesa dress. Or Daisy Buchanan in the one from Blugirl collection. It is so good that when we strive for modernity and development , fashion gives us an option to  go back in time.

I think this generation of fashionistas has an appreciation of detail and quality that clothes used to have. We pay tribute to that on behalf of love for vintage. But we also discern the chance to mix it all up, modernize it and create something exceptional as contemporary fashion. And that is why fashion will never pass its prime. We need it to have fun and fun comes from all the chances it gives. X

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz