10/27/2012

simple vs flamboyant


Models off duty. I adore them. This is so much different to the show, where fashion and design obliterates individuality. But when the lights are switched off and the all champagne glasses are empty, models can stand out.

Of course they are effortless,  natural and timid in a way. Maybe a little bit boring for hipsters, especially  this sacred ensemble: skinny  jeans, t-shirt and motorcycle jacket. But fashion has two dimensions for me. One is the space for these unique, bold entities, wearing opaque pants or actually wearing almost nothing. The other, which appeals to me so much is the casual one, slightly conventional, but comfy and cosy. Still there is this paradox that happens to me every time: when I favour for simplicity in my clothes , the only people I spot on the street are these colorful and unorthodox. And the other way round. So I am going crazy, always regretting my fashion choices.

This is a question if both of these spaces can be dubbed ‘style’? I am really obsessed with that word. Probably it is more important than ‘trend’ . I guess models realise that, so I believe they have an uncompromising attitude to clothes, proving this is all about the way you can show them off and convince people this is real fashion consciousness. So tomorrow I am wearing just a sweater. Just skinny pants. Plain coat. Hope, it will feel good and confident, eventually. X


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz