10/04/2012

stockholm



Hi Stockholm ! You are a wonderful city ! Basically, I have visited You as a tourist on the lookout of landmarks and IKEA store, but I came back with something completely different than just mere photos of me and the town hall.

I appreciate you are not a tourist destination. You still got this mystery, undiscovered charm and calmness. There are boats along the bank and people sitting there, enjoying time until  the sun goes down, which is at 12pm in the summer. No polar bears or snow, just chilly evenings after warm days.

I love that you mix modernism with tradition. I can visit Kulturhuset and then take a boat to Djurgarden island to see white wooden houses with shutters. I can enter the forest and see small gardens of private properties where people grow carrots and parsley and horses stroll.

Then when I feel I want to find myself in a metropolis I just go to Sodermalm, having drinks with hipsters, spending money on vintage clothes, talking about art displayed in Moderna Musset and Fotografiska.
If I miss history, I take a walk around Gamla Stan, pop in an English Bookshop , grab a cinnamon bun from the ‘bageri’ and go back and forth your numerous bridges. Or take a bike. Or just sit at the bench overlooking this remote  part of the city on the other side of the bay.

All your shops offer moose on the kitchen apron or blanket, Astrid Lindgren books and Moomins. I like this passion for tradition and symbols. And I like Your symbols, which reflect so much Your aesthetics and atmosphere.

So when I have to leave and my plane is about to take off I already miss you. You are so easy to reach and hard to comprehend. I really want to see you soon.  X




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz