11/02/2012

my perfect era





If I could be born in any other era I would get stuck with my choice.  I think living sometime in the past would be cool itself, but to make it cooler I would opt for two decades. Well, the 40’s. The fashion back then was something exquisite then, real vintage now with this attention to detail, intertwining elegance with casualness. Dresses were a  bit shiny with sequins or smooth materials, but never too obtrusive or tacky. I can see these women sitting in saloons with long cigarettes, quite dependent on men but not that much anymore. I would settle down in New York and go to cafes in the evenings to listen to young Frank Sinatra or Ella Fitzgerald. At weekend I would travel to Hamptons with my posh friends, who would probably be not so sincere.

And straight from there I will travel to the 60’s. The Beatles may be the reason, but I would be more obsessed with The Yardbirds, The Sonics and Tony Clarke. I may look a little bit like Jane Birkin, straight hair with a fringe , checked skirt  and a turtleneck. I would stroll down the swinging King’s Road in London, popping in some underground clubs to get sweaty while making an idiot of myself, shouting for the The Kinks to get out on the stage.  

But I am here in the 2012 with fashion copying all these styles, people listening to oldies or bands trying to elicit the same effect, clubs making us deaf with house music and cigarettes being expensive as hell (I do not smoke, but what bothers my friends, bothers me too!). No surprise I dream of the past and I bet I am not the only one out there. X

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz