11/24/2012

christmas is fashion time




Sometimes I wonder what Christmas and fashion have in common. But as I am far from home and I will be going back for vacation to my hometown by plane, with just  one luggage of a limited weight, I discover Christmas can be like a fashion show.

I can’t stand the magazines offering perfect Christmas Eve’s garments, starting from conservative white shirts and black fitted jackets that should be ‘paying respects’ , finishing on sequin dresses tight as hell to accentuate the oncoming New Year’s Eve. I believe this is the time clothes should not be just an appropriate choice for the reverent occasion. They should be what we want them to be.

So when I will be doing packing in three weeks’ time, I will look for vintage sweaters, tartan skirts and turtlenecks. No formality, no glittering (apart from a golden nail polish!) just crimson-dark red and bottle green which will perfectly look with a rural-styled Christmas tree. And woolen socks of course. Hopefully, I should also find some space for the plain, black, loose and short Topshop dress.

But this is not a check list of my wardrobe. This is me looking for the fashion’s place during this time of celebration. Christmas is a perfect moment for dressing-up, as the ambience around  is very often so epic, with Frank Sinatra’s songs , Nigella’s programme on the TV and smell of gingerbread,  that we can appreciate things we’re wearing twice as strong.

I love this feeling,  so let’s be honest, my Christmas outfits are thought over. No bigger pleasure that watching Chevy Chase in ‘Christmas Vacation’ dressed in the checked pyjamas  pants, grey sweatshirt and cosy socks. Truly recommend. X

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz