1/05/2013

FFF



I observe my friends on their quest of fashion. No one feels secure. No one feel satisfied. Everyday fashion dilemmas for human-beings are not an easy thing.

What the majority of people has is a natural instinct of not standing out and adapting. Either in behavior and look. So when it’s high time to decide what to wear the least original outfit is the winner. Fashion offers being unique and people resign from it to avoid extra attention although there is nothing more rewarding that walking down the street in a pair of obtrusive pants and people eyeing you up and down.

Where does insecurity come from? It is not only fear of opinion. It is fear of the fashion world. It seems a privilege due to Vogue’s superficial exclusiveness and photos from fashion parties where designers have fun with their favourite models. This society/sphere seems so inaccessible it may put people off just like my friends and I used to think. One cannot belong without any aspirations, clearly outlined sources of inspiration and any designer's piece.

I would say FFF. Fashion Fear & Fantasy. That is how people like me perceive it. This is why they are hesitant to admit they love it, this why they are promne to choose their H&M grey sweatshirt instead of  transparent dress with a wolf print. Can keep hoping it will change for others, as it keeps changing for me. FFF. Fashion is For Fun. Always.

1 komentarz:

  1. The part where you touched on where does insecurity come from? That paragraph really cracked me up cos its something I always ponder...I love the way you write!

    OdpowiedzUsuń