1/15/2013

london people boredom people



Walking down the London street is like sitting in the first row of the catwalk show. No surprise the city of seven million people is diverse/exciting/creative in terms of style. But despite it all it seems quite old-fashioned and tedious for me.

Of course if you take a walk to Camden Market or Brick Lane it is likely to spot these individualities with hair dyed to salmon pink and turquoise highlights. Of course if you get closer to Central St Martin’s campus there will be plenty of stylish students carrying leather bags filled with their cool projects. But to understand why I dare to say ‘Hi London, you’re fashion is boring’, just get on the northern line tube at 9 am and mind the gap.

I think who accounts for that are ‘City’ people, tired of climbing up the stairs to the 20th floor of their offices instead of taking the elevator cause they are on a diet. And what I observe all these ladies in thirties and gents in their forties do is not merely overlooking the ‘what is in fashion now’ aspect, but opting for being old-fashioned. Wide-legged black pants, square heeled pumps and grey, worn-out suits are on the daily basis. Then come faded scarves, awful gloves and well-worn bags in awful hues of browns, including cafe latte.

It is easy to generalize and I’m probably doing that while jotting all these complaints down, but this is what I see every morning and evening. There are taste, opinions, views, I know, my parent repeated it to me like mantra not to judge. But it’s hard when you come to London with some precise fashion expectations. Not everyone have to care about this superficial aspect of life which style can be perceived to be. For me, it’s too relevant to dismiss. 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz